I created a tool that analyzes client requests on popular freelance platforms based on mentioned technologies and companies. This way, I can calculate the popularity of various blockchains for regular clients.
I used the «Top Ecosystems Monthly Active Developers» list. It contains the number of developers actively working on a particular blockchain. Blockchains and software companies must have at least 50 full-time developers to be included in the analysis.
The report contains four columns, representing client requests data per blockchain over a 1-, 7-, 14-, and 30-day period, respectively.
Measuring the popularity of blockchains among freelance platform clients
- Ethereum took the first position with a 7-day trend of 114 client requests —the number one ecosystem according to the Developer Report’s Ranking.
- Bitcoin was 5th in the Developer Report’s Ranking but took second place in my analysis — 85 requests.
- Polkadot was 2nd there and 3rd here — 55 requests. Nothing interesting actually.
- But then I saw Algorand in the 4th place on my list — 22 requests. It held 27th place in the Developer Report’s Ranking. WOW.
- Also, I would like to mention NEAR and Kusama. They both have 200+ full-time developers but 0 client requests on freelance platforms.
Play with the spreadsheet.